"I was at the hospital at 5:30am for a 7:30am surgery time for my breast reduction. Surgery completed and left for home at 12:30! What an amazing experience! Minimal pain afterwards (took pain meds 1 day) and a very quick recovery. So happy I did this. In 60 years old and breasts had seemed to increase in size each year. This was particularly tough because I have herniated discs in my neck. At 6 weeks out, I am completely delighted. Have much less neck strain (from extra weight & pulling) and am so excited to be able to wear clothes I'd long ago eliminated as possibilities."
"A chemical peel 25 years ago left my face ashen and scarred. Donna has worked wonders with the Fraxel Dual laser treatment! The process has been slow but steady. The scars are thinner or, have completely disappeared, depending on the original thickness in the area. In addition to being effective, the process has been pleasurable because of the staff! Everyone is friendly and helpful. This experience with Donna could not have been better!"
What’s a Facial? 07.27.15
This post will cover the basic steps of a facial, one of the best ways to take care of your skin. Especially when it’s given by an experienced, knowledgeable esthetician. A facial cleans, exfoliates and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complextion, and can help your skin look younger too!
- Consultation. A facial should begin with a consultation. The esthetician might have you fill out a form that has questions about your skin concerns, your diet, how much water you drink, drugs and supplements you take, and products you are currently using. This can affect your skin and what kind of treatments she recommends.
- Cleansing. After wrapping your hair with a towel or headband, the esthetician begins a facial with a thorough cleansing, using cotton pads, esthetician wipes or sponges.
- Skin Analysis. The esthetician covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp. He or she is determining your basic skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin conditions (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damage, dehydration, etc.). The esthetician then chooses the appropriate products and treatments, and consults with you about what he or she sees and recommends.
- Steam. Most facials use a machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam to your face. This is relaxing and helps soften any blackheads and whiteheads to be extracted. If you have very sensitive skin, the esthetician may not use steam.
- Facial massage using classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles is always benficial.
- Facial mask targeted to your skin (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition. During the facial, the esthetician should stay in the room and give you a scalp massage or some other service.
- Exfoliation with mechanical exfoliates have a gritty texture that rubs away the surface dead skin cells. Microdermabrasion is one very popular form of mechanical exfoliation.
- Chemical exfoliation uses enzymes and acids to loosens the bond between skin cells. A gentle enzyme treatment can be done during the steam. Stronger chemical peels should not be done under steam, and vary in intensity, and can be a stand-alone treatment or part of the facial. Chemical peels can be done in a series for optimal results.
Final application of toner, serums, moisturizer and sunscreen if it’s daytime.
Lastly, expert advice. The esthetician will advise you on the best options for your daily regimen and in-office treatments. Though you are not obligated to buy anything it is a great time to be educated on products and treatments to protect and prevent premature aging.
Call us today to schedule your facial!
The Latest Blog 12.12.14
Maintaining healthy and youthful skin is a lifetime commitment in a battle against time, genetics and our environment. The three most important skincare products you need to be using daily are sunscreen, human growth factors and retinol. We’ve got you covered at GallaherSpa. Here are a few of our favorites:
Neocutis Journee Day Cream SPF30 $185 – A one minute skin care application that offers the benefits of 4 products: skin revitalization, photo protection, anti oxidant care and hydration.
Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 $55 – This sunscreen provides a high level of protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Non-greasy, PABA-free and fragrance free formula for all skin types that applies completely sheer in an elegant matte finish.
HUMAN GROWTH FACTORS
Neocutis BioSerum $230 – High potency serum super charged with an unprecedented amount of human growth factors that help deliver visible skin rejuvenation in as little as 7 to 14 days. Help restore a youthful, firm and supple look to your skin.
SkinMedica Essential Serum $295 – All in one rejuvenating serum containing human growth factors fighting those fine lines and wrinkles and improving overall skin clarity, tone and texture.
Neocutis Nouvelle Correction Retinol Cream $137 – Powered by age fighting Retinol plus light infusing MELAPLEX, this multidimensional approach helps tackle the appearance of skin aging and complexion correction.
Obagi Tretinoin $84-$102 – Available in 3 strengths. Used to tackle age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Give us a call and schedule your complimentary skin care consultation to find out which products will give you beautiful, healthy skin that is right for you! ~Pam B. LE, MA